Guess whos been painting a lot but didnt bother uploading or photographing (spoiler: it`s me).
Anyway here are some new things that happened:
- A lot of new paintings – check out my instagrams: @chris.the.fi and @chris.the.fi.painting it’ll take a long time to upload everything though 🙂
- Corona – I know it’s kind of obligatory to do exhibitions etc. but you know: Mr. C’rona says: „No“. By the way it’s kinda tricky situation for young artists because you loose money when you exhibit at an institution (like seriously – why no payment??). And by the way analogue exhibitions are sooo overrated.
- Artist talk – Declined an offer to talk about my work at UdK – (like seriously – why almost no payment?? I’m not supporting this art is free stuff)
- Interview – Did an interview and talked a lot about happiness, the difference between personal and collective contempt and happiness related to art.
- Online Studio visits – I´ll do some online studio visits! Let me know if you want to meet in virtual space! I`d plan to do like 30min sessions.
Just send me a short message: email@example.com
General Art news?? OK!
- There`ll be an interesting new art collection in Neukölln (with awesome rooms!)
- UdK Rundgang was great! Had the feeling students are more critical about all that „art is just a commercial career stuff“. Also love that they discovered cartons for installations! There’s no need for all this modern expensive materials.
- Oh and mark my words: nfts and ai-generated art won`t last long. It won’t disappear but personally I’m so underwhelmed by the artistic possibilities.
- By the way what about all that „art has to be political“ stuff? Imo this is so stupid. It’s just promoting bad art that can be used for cheap marketing.
- By the way what about all that „art has to be beautiful“ stuff? Imo this is so stupid. It’s just promoting bad art that can be used for cheap marketing. Besides that it means there’ll be no progress in our culture because you just take the old stuff and make it more aesthetically pleasing.
It´ll become a new manierism but who wants to have bad illustrative art that is done in a designish way when you have good design that is done in an illustrative way???
Gee! Where’s the artististic message and critical thinking?